Little Bug had her baby blessing yesterday and she got all dolled up for the big event! Years ago while on a study abroad program, I bought a beautiful lace blessing dress, or so I thought. To my horror, while looking at the "dress" with my mother, we discovered it was actually a blessing overcoat! No wonder it was cheaper than all the other dresses! So, my mother sewed her a dress to go underneath by making her own hand stitched lace! I can't even make a blanket by the way. In addition, my mother-in-law made the most adorable little booties, which are going to have to be put in a 3-D frame cause they're just that cute. Overall it was a wonderful day spent in the company of family. Below are some pics from the event.
As for other news, Little Bug had her two month old check up today, which translates into getting shots. She was not too pleased about it. She instantly went from all smiles to absolute horror, shock, and pain. The only cute thing about it was, when I was allowed to come to her rescue she immediately stopped crying... for about 30 seconds. She then proceeded to tell me in her own way what had happened to her and how she felt about it. Boy did I get a mouthful! And for anyone curious, she now weighs just about 11 pounds and is 23 inches long (50
th percentile for both weight and height, and 67
th percentile for head size).


7 comments:
Aww! She is precious! Now you have some beautiful heirlooms to pass on for generations.
ADORABLE!!!! How fun that your mother and mother in law helped make the dress/booties! She is too cute :)
She looks so adorable... it's so fun to dress a little girl. Wish we could have been there for her big day.
Wow. I'm impressed. Little Bug was rocking that outfit!! Very cute indeed. Glad you guys had such a good day :)
She is just beautiful! I love her outfit. How amazing that your mom can make her own lace!!
I hope your day was great. I always think that the blessing day might be a little stressful for the parents. Hope yours wasn't.
SHe really looked like an angel. No pun intended! I hate using my own name. Anyhow, we miss you guys and hope everything is going along great!
Wow hey this is laybo and this baby is sooooo lovely! just like a princess!! love and miss you! I'm glad to find you thro facebook.
Post a Comment