20 February 2009

Productivity shot

When I woke up this morning I had so many hopes and dreams. As in, I was ready to tackle the apartment with a good scrub, hit up the grocery store to restock our empty cupboards, take care of the massive amounts of laundry(by the way, I can't even count how many loads of laundry that I have to do a week), walk around Lake Merrit, meet with my adviser for school, and try a new recipe for dinner.

Now, let's go over what I actually did today...I met with my supervisor. Wow, that was a pretty short list. In fact, the only reason I was even able to do meet with her is because I had a scheduled appointment. However, Little Bug was fed, bathed, changed, and showered with hugs, coos, and kisses all day long. And to top it all off she finally gave me a real genuine laugh! For some reason our five o'clock diaper change was like the best thing that has ever happened to her. If only all diaper changes are that monumental for her!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Don't worry, it will get better. I still don't feel all that productive, but when Daniel was smaller, my goals for the day were to feed him 6 times and read my scriptures. I tried to keep my expectations low so I didn't feel like a loser.

Sarah Johnson said...

Yes. Low expectations are the way to go. It's the wave of the future. I didn't do a dang thing yesterday and it was great. Today I'm gonna tackle my list--it's got three things on it...and two of them involve "socialness." You know me, that IS a chore!

Laura said...

You got the most important stuff done. Bravo