05 September 2008

Storage Close

With a little one on the way and a one bedroom apartment, we realized we would need a little more space around here. The problem seemed easy enough to solve. We figured we'd throw up some shelves in our garage, close it off, and put up some doors. A trip to Home Depot, a Saturday afternoon, some whiz bang, and presto, a new storage closet! Of course, it never happens as quickly and as easily as you think. After a Saturday afternoon and four evenings of work, not to mention a few more trips to the hardware store, we finally have our new storage closet. There are a few flaws, but at least it is nice and big. We are still working on moving our boxes out to the garage, but we've got ~11 weeks and counting!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good. Andrew looks so proud of himself. Also, I love the picture on your banner. LOL.

Stephanie said...

What a handyman! Love the blog!

Laura said...

You look good with tools in your hand. Good job problem solving- Mom

Mary said...

Nice work Andrew... let me know if my quadruple time theory holds true for your future house projects. I know it's not a cutting edge scientific theory but it's as close as I get. I'll leave the real science to you.