24 September 2008

Family, water skiing, tootsie rolls, and swimming

Well we just got back from our four days of Utah fun! It's sad to be back to real life. Andrew had to get up this morning and, for me, another quarter of school is just around the corner. So, it was most certainly nice not to think about the daily routine, if only for a few days. The highlight of course was being able to see family, but second to that (for Andrew) was getting some watering skiing in. It was beautiful and we were the only boat on the lake! Translation: Andrew was the only person crazy enough to go water skiing at Lake Jordenelle near the end of September. Besides the cold, it was perfect glass and very relaxing.

The second highlight for me, of course, was being able to stock up on flavored tootsie rolls (why do they not sell them in California!?) and orange rolls. (Strange they both have roll in the title.) I just happened to discover the orange rolls while we were having dinner with Andrew's Aunt Darlene and Uncle Ray. They used to live in CA and taught us how to smuggle the frozen rolls home. All it took was a box lined with newspaper and some dry ice! I'll have to let everyone know if I am even able to get these pre-made rolls to rise!

Another highlight I would have to say was using Andrew's parents indoor lap pool! It was fun to see Andrew swim and I'm sure Andrew enjoyed seeing me attempt to swim. I'm positive the wheels were just spinning in his head on how I could improve my technique. Andrew was so excited he smelled like chlorine again that he could not stop smelling himself afterward! The pool was a ton of fun and it is now our goal to convince my parents to put one in their garage! I'd be willing to drive ten minutes up the road for a good swim! Anyways, all in all it was a very fun and relaxing trip!

















5 comments:

Mary said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time. I'm so jealous of the glass water - so beautiful and fun. The orange roll talk is making me hungry. If they work you'll have to tell me the details so I can smuggle some on my next visit.

Hannah said...

I am glad you guys had fun and I feel just like Mary- jealous about the smooth water and the orange rolls. I can almost taste them. I hope they work for you.

Managers.Magnolia said...

you're so cute! Really you're like in my top 3 friends...IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!! Is that kind of sad for me? ;op Not that it's you but I'm sure you have like 20 million top friends before church friends. Oh well...you're just that amazing!

Russ and Debbie said...

those pictures look so fun! I love your main picture with the two of you falling off into the water... priceless!!!!

The Shelton Family said...

Melissa Congrats I know this is late but we just wanted to let you know how excited I am for you guys!
You're going to be an amazing mother Congrats!!!!