31 March 2011

Apple tree

I love apples and have been on the hunt for some bare root apple trees since moving to Washington. I found a tree, but there were two problems. First, when we move this tree has to come with us. Consequently, it had to go in a big pot rather than the ground. Second, it is super windy here. So windy that we had to track down our garbage can after it blew across the street and half way down the block. The tree looks so skinny and fragile for such weather. So for now it sits happily growing blossoms in our kitchen. Bug loves watering it and although it is seriously in the way, I am so excited to get some fresh grown apples...even if I have to wait a year or two.

1 comment:

TheKunks said...

Fun! Way to make your dreams come true :)