02 January 2011

December 19, 2010


I am so proud Andrew completed his graduate program and officially now has a PhD in Chemistry! Although Andrew would shrug off such an accomplishment, it was no small feat. I am amazed at his ability to focus on his school work while still being dedicated to his family, church callings, and apartment managing. He has made many sacrifices for me during his program and I will always remember such sacrifices made. I am so lucky to be married to such a hard working, loyal and kind man.

Now it is off to Washington state for us! Andrew will be working at the Pacific Northwest National lab. So if you have any recent complaints about the new x-rays they are using in airport security send them his way. Ok, so in actuality I am pretty sure that wasn't his department, but he will be working in national security using lasers.

And if anyone is interested, here is a snippet from Andrew's acknowledgements page from his dissertation (I thought some may like to read a thank you in his own words); To begin, I would like to thank my wonderful wife Melissa who’s encouragement and support sustained me throughout graduate school. Additionally, I would like to express gratitude to my parents, Mark and Laura, for being my life long advocates. As well, my appreciation goes to my wife’s parents, Doug and Kristin, for their reassurance in the process.

Congratulations Andrew!

3 comments:

hairyshoefairy said...

Way to go, Andrew! Congrats! Good luck in WA!

TheKunks said...

Congratulations Andrew! Such an accomplishment. Excited to hear your laser security stories.

Laura said...

So, I cried- Well done son; well done.