Well, we made it to Washington! Andrew has officially been working for a week now. People are asking if he likes the job. The answer is, I believe so. Last week he had a lot of paperwork to get through, but he did meet the gentleman he will be working with and likes him. So that's an important start. Meanwhile I've been unpacking. It is a much slower process with only one adult and a two year old running around pulling out what you just put away. But, I am happy to announce that at this exact moment our duplex finally feels like a home. The boxes have been carted out to the garage and most things have a place. Just a few odds and ends left. That is until I start going through the garage boxes, but that's a tiring thought I'm avoiding.At the moment I'm taking in a little peace as I sit on our couch and gaze out the dinning room glass doors into the backyard. I love staring at the two trees in the distance. In fact, I've caught myself gazing at them for long periods of time while trying to unpack boxes. It has been quite sometime since I've been able to enjoy nature from my home. Somehow the beauty is a reminder for me to be grateful. I love having such a reminder as I transition to a new home and place.
4 comments:
I'm happy you're settling in even if it's slow going. Isn't having a yard again so exciting!? I don't know if I could go back to not having one again. I bet Little Bug loves it.
Can't believe you are gone already! I would be staring at the trees too if I had a view like that. Congratulations on moving up in the world. I'm sure you'll be buying a home sooner than later.
Love the trees...lucky ya have two! Fun we both have calming nature trees. Hehe. Way to go getting all moved in.
Even from your couch you compose a beautiful picture. The background has a Monet feel to it. It will be exciting to see what spring will bring-
Post a Comment