14 June 2010

Sick days

I am really not a promoter of tv for kids. However, sick days call for it. I remember as a child that when we were sick we got to watch a lot of tv/movies. This totally back fired on me one time in 5th grade when my grandpa was watching my siblings and I. I went to school as usual and came up with this grand idea that if I pretended to get sick I could go home and watch as much television as I wanted. Too bad when I came home "sick" my grandpa told me sick kids only got to sleep. Well, the sleeping only lasted a half hour when I humbly walked downstairs and told my grandpa that I was actually feeling much better and wanted to go back to school. I can still remember the surprise of my teacher and friends as I opened the door to my classroom and took a seat in my chair.

So when Little Bug was sick last week we let her watch some "shows". It is just too bad kids are such fast learners because now she is waking up in the morning requesting "shows, shows, shows..."

3 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

oh yes, it is hard to break the tv/movies once they are all better!!

Hannah said...

sick babies are so sad.

Laura said...

So sorry she's sick -