29 July 2008

We're not getting bigger, the room is getting smaller!

Here's a conversation Andrew and I had today. I was talking about this pregnancy book I've been reading and how they described an expectant mother's weight gain. For 2nd trimester it is described as, "gains weight easily" and for 3rd trimester it is, "starts to pack on the pounds." Not too encouraging word choice for someone who is about to launch into their 3rd trimester.

Then I said, "You know, my shirts are getting smaller."

Andrew replied, "I . . . uh . . . don't think that's the case. There is another explanation."

It was actually quite funny. Of course my shirts are not getting smaller...I'm just getting bigger. Only when I'm pregnant is Andrew allowed to say such things!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In that case I believe it's time for a belly shot, wouldn't you say? :)