24 July 2008

Andrew was right!

So let me explain this picture. About a month ago, Andrew saw me sitting on top of our pedestal sink. Your first question may be, 'why were you even sitting on a pedestal sink?' Well, it just so happens there are lots of reasons to do so. You can clean the mirror better, putting on make-up is easier, and plucking is a hundred times more effective. However, Andrew immediately started freaking out, which he never does, so this was quite the phenomenon for me. He explained that it wasn't safe for me to be doing such a thing because the sink was actually not very stable on the pedestal (it is a very big sink for such a small pedestal). Unfortunately, about a week later, he again caught me doing the same thing. That didn't go over to well either. So we came to an agreement; I would never sit on the sink again and he would never be allowed to stand underneath waterfalls (I'm afraid a rock is going to come loose and land on his head or maybe even a big fish...strange thought, but there you go.) However, a couple weeks later I found myself climbing onto the pedestal sink again. As I was sitting there, I suddenly remembered that I had promised never to sit on it again (bad habits are hard to break). Just as I was about to get off, I suddenly felt myself falling down! And the next thing ya know I'm on the floor with the pedestal sink collapsed next to me. It turns out the sink was never actually bolted to the wall, but instead only glued to the layers and layers of paint. I had to call Andrew and sheepishly confess. I felt like a five year old telling their mom that they snuck some candy. With four trips to Home Depot it is finally fixed. Now, it is not only glued to the wall, but also safely bolted into some nice solid wood. It's just too bad that Andrew has a free pass to stand underneath waterfalls, I hope he doesn't get conked on the head. Although, then he'd have to tell me I was right!

5 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

loved the story!!! glad you are ok!! i also love your shirt...you are so cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Bwahahahaha! That is so funny! I, myself have been perched atop a pedestal sink. It is way better to be closer to to mirror that way. It's so funny that yours broke. What are the chances of that? Glad you didn't get hurt, though.

Russ and Debbie said...

no way! that is hillarious! no more pedestal sinks for you!

sfysa-rs said...

hahaha i freakin love this story as well as the photographic documentaion!

sfysa-rs said...

ok sorry i have NO clue as to why the user name on my last comment was my old SF ward's RS mailing list name...but this is Elisa just so you know! hahaha