Father's day and Tank's 5th birthday fell on the same day this year. So we had a lot of fun celebrating the boys around here! Andrew got a nice breakfast celebration and Tank had a great family dinner birthday party with lots of cousins running around. We are so grateful for each of them!
Tank still loves anything that goes, construction and farming equipment, trucks, trains, cars. He has even surpassed my knowledge of the specific names of such machines. And about once a week we'll pack a lunch and go find a construction site for him to watch while we picnic in the car. He is really starting to get into the idea of how things are put together and work. Unfortunately, its getting to the point where I am unable to answer his questions! He wants to know the actual mechanics and engineering behind things, which I'm not too familiar with! He is the worst at cleaning up his room, doing dishes and picking up his toys, but will happily help and follow Andrew around all day Saturday doing the 'big boy' work of digging, fixing sprinklers, hammering, building and so on. And every morning, I'm not exaggerating, he stands by my bedside until I wake up and then gives me a sweet little smile and hug while I thank him and tell him how wonderful he is. It cracks me up and melts my heart at the same time. Life just wouldn't be the same without our Tank!
He requested a car crashing cake.
Apparently, his world became complete with Grandpa and Grandma Duffin's birthday present! He woke up the next morning before 6 (his good morning smile and hug were not as sweet at that hour) to start putting it together.
And it was also completed with Allison's birthday present, a musical birthday card.
Happy birthday buddy! We love you!





No comments:
Post a Comment