25 November 2013

five

Somehow our Little Bug has turned 5! According to Bug, she has been waiting "forever!" In her mind, everything good happens when you turn 5, like driving (yes a car) and starting school.  I clarified the driving thing pretty quickly. The fact she would not be starting kindergarten the day she turned 5 took a little more explaining/convincing. All week long I heard Bug singing happy birthday to herself which prompted Tank to sing happy birthday to himself. It was quite the showdown for who's birthday it actually was. 

For her big day she wanted to go out for breakfast. (If you know Bug, she is not huge into eating, but you would not know that if you saw her at a breakfast place). For dinner she requested pizza,"crunchy" (uncooked) carrots, and marshmallows, a nicely balanced meal.  

She has been eyeing this fairy cake from the grocery store for about 6 months. Every time she would ask to buy it, I would tell her, 'for her birthday.' I do not know what I was thinking because Bug has one of the best memories. Maybe all kids do? A week before her birthday she reminded me of our cake conversations and I ended up caving. I think I may have opened a bag of worms I did not want opened...buying cakes for birthdays. At least she like it. I kept catching her gaze at it. Fortunately, and quite to our surprise, this cake actually tasted good. 



Waiting for our family guests to arrive.


She blew out all the candles by herself this year. 



And sent everyone home with one of her favorite candies, ring pops, which I just have to add that Tank refers to as "pacifier pops." 

No comments: