15 November 2013

camping

Andrew has been wanting to take Little Bug camping for a couple years now. I am not opposed to camping, in fact I think it is a lot of fun, I just never end up sleeping well and then you throw kids into the mix...it was hard for me to be convinced, but Andrew finally manged to persuaded me. We ended up going with some good friends and it was pretty fun and quite beautiful. All the fall colors and nearby river made for a nice landscape. The kids had a lot of fun. I was worried about them sleeping and getting cold at night, but they slept soundly. Instead, it was Andrew and I who got pretty cold. We will stick to summer time camping next year.  

The surrounding area. So pretty.


The highlight was having a campfire and of course the s'mores later that night.


Tank is not too into hats, but when we arrived at the campsite he wanted his hat on and did not take it off until the drive home. He also just loved the tent and all the sleeping bags and blankets. The tent was his favorite part. He cried pretty hard when Andrew took it down the following morning. 


Hiking around the next day.




Andrew is already trying to convince me to go for two nights next year.

No comments: