26 July 2011

Summer garden

We love our backyard for many reasons. One being, we finally had a spot to plant a garden! It has worked out pretty well; I was excited for the prepping and planting and Andrew has been happy about the maintaining and harvesting. We planted green beans, sugar peas, carrots, basil and tomatoes. In hindsight, we should have planted only one to two plants at a time to get more of each crop. Unfortunately, we don't have that big of an area to dedicate to the garden and have gotten sample size portions of some of our veggies.


Our first carrot. It was an anti climatic harvest.

We have eight tomato plants. I wonder what inspired me to plant that many tomatoes? Especially since I am the only one that likes them...


We all loved the sugar peas. Little Bug happily gobbled most of them up. Little Bug still has yet to expand her meat and dairy taste buds, so this was a big moment.

In addition, while my mom was here helping with Little Tank she planted us a beautiful flower garden in what use to be a dirt patch in the corner of our backyard. It is so nice to look at flowers instead of dirt.



Is it silly to say I am already dreading the end of summer?

2 comments:

Sweet November said...

Come to Philly and you'll pray for the fall! Ha. Love your garden!

Laura said...

Your garden is impressive. It came from such tender beginings - And another big cheer for the photography - Well done