Since graduating, I'm enjoying my new found freedom and am finally getting onto some long anticipated projects. Project one: learning how to use my camera. I don't expect my photos to be professional, but I hope understanding my camera will improve my shots. So, I've started a photography workshop book. At the end of each chapter there is an assignment. My first assignment was to study a person and catch an authentic expression. I hate to say it, but the old student came out of me when I read the assignment. I thought I would just use an old photo I'd taken and check something off my to do list. Then I realized this is all for fun and I didn't have to use the old recycling papers tactic. Whew, and what a relief that realization was.
So, since I spend 99.9% of my time with Little Bug, I don't even know who I spend the other .1% of my time with, she seemed the perfect candidate. In fact I'm pretty sure she will be my main subject throughout this endeavor. While Little Bug was still in her PJs eating lunch, that's right lunch, I pulled out my camera and got to work. I also ended up having fun using some different colored filters and monochrome affects. Without further ado, I present Little Bug and some of her authentic expressions.
My favorite

Andrew's favorite

And honorable mention. In truth I almost deleted this one right off my camera. In fact, I still don't understand why I like it so much. I'll have to keep looking at it to figure it out.
2 comments:
Darling! Her little curlies are so sweet. My little one doesn't have then anymore and I miss them. The expressions are awesome. Too funny.
Too cute! HOw did she learn ANdrew's fav one? Such a little grown up :) can't wait to see more photos
Post a Comment