29 January 2009

Seriously?

Although I don't have a picture to post with this blog entry, I do think it is entertaining enough to write about.

It can be no surprise to anyone that I am trying to loose all of my baby weight. As a side note to this story, I can now fit into two pairs of my pre-pregnancy pants! Would I actually wear them out, no. They are far too tight, but at least they manage to fit over my thighs and newly formed voluptuous hips, aka really wide hips. But, to continue on with point one of this entry. Since I am trying to loose some weight, Andrew has decided to join my cause and loose some weight for himself too. He has started off by asking me to pack him smaller lunches. So, as of late I have been packing him modest lunches. 'Modest' in this case means he is still getting plenty of food. However, just the other night, as I was packing him his lunch, he stated with concern and fear of being starved, "You know, my lunches have been a lot smaller lately."

Now for point two of the entry. As Andrew was preparing for work the other morning, he popped out of the shower and said, "You know, I'm mad at Aladdin. I mean, he was a young and healthy guy who could have found himself a job." Then he started bitterly mumbling the lyrics from One Jump Ahead, "Gotta eat to live, gotta steal to eat" For those of you confused, yes, Andrew is referring to the character Aladdin from the Disney movie Aladdin. I actually had to clarify that with him myself, seeing how we don't own the movie Aladdin, nor have we watched it together, or even slightly mentioned it during the entire course of our relationship.

Maybe I'm the only one who finds these two moments funny or maybe you have to know Andrew to truly see there entertaining value, but regardless I was highly amused.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

LOL!!! That is SO funny and totally random. I can't wait to tell Evan about Andrew's bitterness towards Aladdin and him bursting out in song about it. Marriage is so fun because even when you think you know everything about your spouse they surprise you every now and then. One time I was riding in Evan's car and found out he had a rap station programmed in and he was singing all the words to "Ignition" the remix. I was shocked and was like, "Who are you and what have you done with my husband?" Silly Evan, sipping on coke and rum. . . .

Nathan said...

I don't suppose that the current state of the economy and the prospect of job hunting after graduation had anything to do with Andrew's attitude toward Aladdin, did they?

Hannah said...

Sorry about the Aladdin thing. Poor Duff grew up with 3 sisters and when that movie came out Elizabeth and I played our cassette tape of the Aladdin soundtrack over and over for months. There are probably a lot of songs he knows that he wishes he didn't.

Mary said...

Melissa - its nice that you make Andrew's lunch. Can you teach Mary how to do that? She tiles floors, paints walls, refurbishes furniture, sews clothes, and does advanced mathematics, but she's not into making lunches for some reason. Oh well. Thank you guys for the B-day card. It rocked! It is the biggest and loudest card I've ever gotten. I love it!

Try to guess which episode this is from:

Marge: I have a responsibility to raise these children right and, unless you change, I'll have to tell them their father is... well, wicked.

Homer: [to Lisa and Bart] Kids, let me tell you about another so-called wicked guy. He had long hair, and
some wild ideas, and he didn't always do what other people thought was right. And that man's name was...[thinks]

Homer: I forget. But the point is... [thinks]

Homer: Marge, you know who I'm talking about! He used
to drive that blue car.


Later,

Brian

Managers.Magnolia said...

LOL!