17 November 2008

Celebration...nope, no baby yet

Our anniversary was election day Tuesday and since I was in class until 10pm that evening (Andrew was glued to the computer watching election updates), we decided we would celebrate later. It took us a while, but we finally celebrated this past Friday by going on the night tour of Alcatraz. I haven't been to Alcatraz since I was six and Andrew hadn't been at all. Although these two pics suggest it was mid-day, we spent most of our time wondering around the island in the dark. Much more creepy at night. At least it would have been if not for the hundreds of other people wandering around too. The dim lighting added to the ambiance, but for an even better night tour experience, I think they should add muted sound effects and muffled groans from hidden speakers in darkened cells. Oh, and then they need prison actors escaping from cells, terrorizing unsuspecting tourists with chain saws. . . Well . . . maybe not, but Alcatraz would make a great spook alley. In any case, we enjoyed a very warm and pleasant night on the Rock and of course it was great spend it with each other.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I'm sure Alcatraz was great - I want to see that baby!!

Hannah said...

The only time I went to Alcatraz I messed up the self guided tour ear phone recording thing but I had to stay with my group so as we walked along and listened mine was so off. They were all talking about what they had just heard and I was too embarrassed to say I messed up, so I just nodded and smiled. I really should try to make it back someday.