Bug is a 3rd grader this year and Tank started Kindergarten! Bug is so excited to have a sibling at school with her. It is really sweet how she's looking out for him and I love that they are there together.
The Kindergartners here start 2 days later than the other grades. That was a rough 2 days for Tank! He kept saying he couldn't wait for school to start. He woke up early the morning of his first day and briefly mentioned being nervous to ride the bus, so I told him I would be happy to drive him. He quickly responded with a "no." About halfway through last year, Tank was pretty sure it was his destiny to get on that bus with Bug! So there was no denying him that this year. When walking down to the bus stop on his first day he was pretty confident and only slowed just a bit when approaching the stop. But just as we arrived, his sweet neighborhood friend came up to him, gave him a pat on the back and very emphatically said, 'its your first day of kindergarten.' The bus then arrived and he sweetly took Tank's hand and walked with him onto the bus. And that was that. I had lost another child! Fortunately, he was ready and longing to go.
Since starting, Bug has been coming home happy, Tank came home just as excited as when he left and Bitsy spent her first day without the big kids around listening to, 'Let it Go' on repeat without anyone getting annoyed. All in all, I'd say everyone's pretty content and we're all hoping for another great school year!
The Kindergartners here start 2 days later than the other grades. That was a rough 2 days for Tank! He kept saying he couldn't wait for school to start. He woke up early the morning of his first day and briefly mentioned being nervous to ride the bus, so I told him I would be happy to drive him. He quickly responded with a "no." About halfway through last year, Tank was pretty sure it was his destiny to get on that bus with Bug! So there was no denying him that this year. When walking down to the bus stop on his first day he was pretty confident and only slowed just a bit when approaching the stop. But just as we arrived, his sweet neighborhood friend came up to him, gave him a pat on the back and very emphatically said, 'its your first day of kindergarten.' The bus then arrived and he sweetly took Tank's hand and walked with him onto the bus. And that was that. I had lost another child! Fortunately, he was ready and longing to go.
Since starting, Bug has been coming home happy, Tank came home just as excited as when he left and Bitsy spent her first day without the big kids around listening to, 'Let it Go' on repeat without anyone getting annoyed. All in all, I'd say everyone's pretty content and we're all hoping for another great school year!
This picture makes me laugh only because it is a prefect representation of Tank's life. Life sandwiched between these two girls can be challenging. They also have just discovered the joys of photo bombing. oh boy.


No comments:
Post a Comment