My father is buried about an hour away from where we live. Of course my father's passing saddens me, but I like the fact he is buried so close. We usually venture over there about every other month and visit "papa's place." I have already mentioned, but my mother and grandparents are from Yakima and they lived just a few blocks up from the cemetery. To me it is a beautiful place filled with happy memories of summer days spent feeding the swans and taking long runs on hot summer days through the cemetery's rolling grassy hills. I love that my kids enjoy it too. They look forward to packing a loaf of bread for the swans, visiting my father's grave site and running through the cemetery's grassy fields.
I am also getting a kick out of Tank chucking a whole slice of bread into the pond, for one lucky bird in the picture below.


No comments:
Post a Comment