24 July 2013

two

Tank turned two! Bless his little two year old heart, he loved his cake and knew exactly who it was. He is really into cars and thought his cake was a present in and unto itself. He would not stop pointing at it in excitement. I loved it and thought the hours put into that thing were then worth it! I was not expecting too much on his part, but he knew something was up all day. He saw his pile of presents in the morning (we do not open them until dinner time) and I told him who they were all from. All day long he would go up to the pile touch (or hit...or jump onto) a specific present and shout out who it was from. 

Just a few things we love about our two year old boy; He loves playing in dirt, sand and mud...pretty much anything he can dig in and fill his dump trucks up with. He is a chatty little guy and lately I cannot even understand what he is saying half the time. He also often adds a hun or hmmm at the end of his sentences. Not too sure where he got that from, but we think it is pretty funny. We have a glass candy jar filled with jelly bellies on our kitchen counter. He can hear from anywhere in the house the slightest clink of that jar and will come a running and begging for his share of jelly bellies. He tries to wear his Lighting McQueen shirt just about everyday (the one pictured below). We take it off at meal times to try and preserve its wear a little bit more. He is not a huge fan of getting dressed in the morning, unless I tell him he can wear his McQueen car shirt, then he is more than happy to comply. When I start to make dinner every night, he promptly gets up in his high chair and waits the 20-40 minutes it takes to make dinner and get it serve. He literally just waits for that food to come his way with only slight complaining by the end. And he is so good at giving out kisses and saying plenty of "I love you's."


Oh! Tank, we love you!

1 comment:

TheKunks said...

Impressive cake! What a cute kid!