21 March 2012

a very merry unbirthday


Grandma Kristin mailed Little Bug an Ariel candle for fun the other week. Little Bug immediately insisted that we make a birthday cake. We then had to light the candle and sing happy birthday, except we sang the ABC's because it wasn't a real birthday. Oh, we love our Bug.

And so I will never forget, here is another Bug story.

The other day while eating lunch, Little Bug was looking at her alphabet place-mat and noticed that she was almost through learning her letters.  We do a little preschool each morning and work on a letter a week. Currently, we are on letter X. Here is the conversation that followed:

Little Bug: "Oh! I am almost done learning all my letters. Then, I will be done with school forever!"
(She does enjoy her preschool, so I don't know why she was excited to think it was ending.)

Me: "Well...you are going to be in school for a long time. There are lots and lots of things to learn."

Little Bug: "Yeah you're right, I still just don't know about hot air balloons."

I love when we get a glimpse into this little girls brain.

No comments: