09 November 2009

Little Bug= Ladybug for Halloween

It seemed fitting to dress Little Bug up as a bug for Halloween. In case there is slight confusion, she is a Ladybug just a brown and pink one. So, we got to sewing her little ladybug shell, treat bag, and antenna. I'm not going to lie, neither Andrew or I really sew. It was like the blind leading the blind here, but Andrew managed the creation of the pattern and somehow I was able to sew the few pieces together.

Here we are, all ready to hit up some trunks for our home wards Halloween trunk or treating. I have to admit, we were both pretty excited to be able to eat most of Little Bug's candy this year.


Here is Little Bug pulling Andrew to get going on the trunk or treating! She was ready to fill that treat bag.


Enjoying the fruits of her labors.


We're thinking it was the sugar high or possibly her new found freedom, but after trunk or treating Little Bug could not be stopped from walking around the church grounds.




I managed to get one photo of her resting from all her running around.


Can't wait till next year!

5 comments:

Clay and Katy said...

she is a very cute ladybug...nice work on the costume!!!!

Hannah said...

She is so cute! I can't wait to meet her. See you soon.

Sarah Johnson said...

i love the whole family in brown! oh, and nice sewing skills girl! i knew our young womens quilt project would pay off some day...

Jenny said...

What a cutie! I'm so impressed that you made her costume! She definitely looks more excited about the candy than Daniel did.

Laura said...

She is the cutest little brown and pink ladybug I've ever seen. Great job Mom & Dad -