14 August 2009

Zoo and kiddy pool fun

Earlier this week Little Bug and I headed off to the zoo with my sister-in-law, Katy, and cousin Z! Little Bug was pretty excited, well, maybe I was just excited to take her, but still, there was excitement in the air! Little Bug was pretty enthralled with the bunnies. In fact we probably could have stood there watching them for hours. Cousin Z was quite intrigued by the otters, who knew the Oakland Zoo had otters!?!

These next pictures tell quite the story - Little Bug, Cousin Z, and the Oakland Zoo flier. Just in case the pictures don't portray it all, I added the internal dialog;

Little Bug: Hmmm...I want that little flier.
I know, I'll just reach across and take it!
Cousin Z: Wait a minute. Wasn't I just holding the flier? I want it back.
Little Bug: Ah hah! I don't know what happened but somehow the flier is in two pieces. I'm happy with my half, how about you?

You know, I don't know why those pictures amuse me so. In fact, Andrew got a few chuckles out of them himself. It's probable only a parent who could find such pictures so amusing...but there you go, we shared it with you all.

After the zoo, we headed back to Cousin Z's house and took a little swim in their kiddy pool. Well, Cousin Z and Little Bug did. Here they are quite lovingly playing with the bubble machine while in the pool.


Such a fun afternoon and I know if Little Bug could talk, she'd be asking to go back!

4 comments:

Managers.Magnolia said...

love the photo story board! priceless!

Anonymous said...

So great!! The zoo entertains any age, for sure. And that bubble machine... we are still enthralled with ours! Both girls are getting some good hair there :)Stephanie

Anonymous said...

We are ready for seconds!!! Z requesting to watch baby M. Video upload time. :) KT

Jenny said...

Little Bug has such cute little expressions and looks so happy to have 1/2 a flier in the end. I wish that the easy-to-please phase would last forever!!
I also get more excited about going to the zoo than Daniel.