Well, we just got back from our visit to Utah...and Andrew and I just agreed this morning, we wish we were still on vacation. It started off with Little Bug's first swim. Any nervousness we had about her swimming ended really quickly. As soon as she got in the water this is the smile we got. The only problem we had was trying to hold onto her. She was thoroughly convinced that she did not need to be held while swimming.


We were there for Pioneer Day! Ok, so pretty sure I was the only one excited about this, but I had fun. I'd never been in Utah on Pioneer Day and that certainly seems the place to celebrate such a day. We went to a parade and the highlight of course was the mounds of candy being thrown at us. However, Andrew made me wait for the little kids to get their fill of candy before I was allowed to collect some. In the evening, we lit a few fireworks ourselves before heading out to a fireworks show! Here is Little Bug and Grandma D enjoying our home lit fireworks.

Here Little Bug couldn't figure out what the heck that noise was coming from Papa D while he slept!

No trip to Utah would be complete without boating. So, I admit, I do not come from a boating background. I always believed boating was done on nice relaxing sunny days where people would go to cool off in the water and soak up some warm sun on the boat. Then I joined the Duffin family and found out otherwise. For my first boating trip with them, we woke up at 5:30/6 AM to make sure we got good water to ski on. The goal was to get water that "looked like glass." I wasn't sure what that meant, but I went with it. The water looked great, but IT WAS FREEZING! Fortunately, Andrew has come to his senses about the hours to go water skiing. Finally boating is what I expected it to be...at a normal hour when it is warm outside. This time it was enjoyable to hop into the water and take a ski. Of course water skiing was always fun, but it sure is better not having to wrap yourself in a blanket after you ski to avoid hypothermia. And of course the fun doubled by being able to take Little Bug on the boat.




Thank heavens for this window on our flight home. Little Bug was beyond tired, but she thoroughly enjoyed peering out this window throughout our flight.

And now it's back to real life for us...sigh.
7 comments:
A good vacation well deserved. Sorry you have to be back to "real" life. It sucks, I know.
water babies...cousins fo sho! Can't wait to join the Duffins for water skiing and would even wake up at the crack of dawn..probably. Looks like ya had a wonderful vaca!!! - KT
Darling! Was she swimming laps that day?
CUTE!! Can we just arrange their marriage now? :o)
It was so great to see you. We're having a hard time coming back to real life as well. The kids keep asking where you are and Caroline tells me she wants the 'aunt Melissa' hairdo everyday.
Don't you just love real life? I sure don't. Glad you guys had a fun visit. Isn't Utah freakin hot?
So glad that Little Bug loved the water. Her grin is adorable! You should put some videos of her up.
I know it is hard to train your husband to go against his family's traditions.. . .glad that you got him to go boating while it is warm! Now, if I could just get Evan to want to spend money.
BTW, we just got invited to another marriage and family relations class at church.
I love the pic that you have as your header now.
Post a Comment